Threshold IMT provides consistent and specific pressure for inspiratory muscle strength and endurance training, regardless of how quickly or slowly patients breathe. This device incorporates a flow-independent one-way valve to ensure consistent resistance and features an adjustable specific pressure setting (in cm H20) to be set by a healthcare professional. When patients inhale through Threshold IMT, a spring-loaded valve provides a resistance that exercises respiratory muscles through conditioning.Â¹
- The first inspiratory muscle trainer that ensures constant inspiratory pressure load - independent of air flow or breathing rate
- Breathing resistance adjustable from approx. 7 to 41 cmH2O
- Ensures consistent training effort
- Maximizes training effort
- Proven to increase muscle strength, endurance and exercise tolerance in selected patients with COPD
Single Patient Use
Reference: Larson JL, et al. Inspiratory muscle training with a pressure threshold breathing device in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (abstract). Am Rev Resp Dis 1986;133:A100.
Click on "Replacement Mouthpieces" see number 1018-22, looks different, but works fine.
Last Updated: 3 Mar 2006