Search by keyword
Search by Catalog Number
4125 Market St #10
Ventura, CA 93003
"Wizard" Spirometer No. S-1000
Perfect For Bedside Use
New 3-year Warranty
- Battery operation
- 1000-patient memory
- Serial port for
optional PC link
This spirometer combines all digital technology, a digital volume transducer with permanent calibration, all in a high impact ABS plastic case, to provide you with highly reliable, easy to use, very portable, accurate spirometry. Everything about this newest addition to VacuMed's line of superior portable spirometers is small. That is, everything, except performance. The "Wizard's" small size, 10" x 6" x 1.5", and weight, only 2 pounds, are matched by its small price, only $2,295. However, when it comes to performance, the "Wizard" is a true giant. This battery operated beauty has a turbine flow transducer which, unlike pneumotachs, seldom needs calibration, won't drift, and requires no warm up time. It is also easily removable to make cleaning a breeze.
The "Wizard" has a visual incentive display with real time graphs which not
only encourages good patient efforts and reproducible tests, but also helps
the "Wizard" meet all accuracy standards including OSHA, NIOSH, and Social
Security Disability, insuring maximum third party reimbursement. Immediate
selection and calculation of spirometry results as well as flow/volume
loop, volume/time curve, and pre and post bronchodialator comparisons are
available via display, or, the large, easy-to-read, built in printer.
1000-patient memory is ideal for off-site testing or for pre- and post-testing of several patients. Stored data may be downloaded to a PC with the optional "Spida" software (search for 16701).
The "Wizard" will truly work magic in your spirometry testing routines, and with a risk free trial and a full 36 month warranty, you have everything to gain and nothing to lose.
- "Wizard" includes ATS-legal print out
- Pre- and post bronchodialator comparison automatically printed on large, ATS-legal, easy-to-read print out.
- Reliable & Easy to Use
- Digital transducer is permanently calibrated, assures reproducible and accurate test results that are instantly visible on LCD display or printed out. Display prompts provide step-by-step instructions, making everyone an instant expert.
- Cost Effective
- Pays for itself with as little as one test per week.
- Portable for Off-site and Bedside Use
- Built-in rechargeable Nicad battery, high impact ABS plastic case provides trouble free portability.
- Easy to Clean
- Removable transducer allows for easy cleaning which reduces the risk of patient cross-contamination.
- Flow/Volume Loops & Flow/Time Curve
- Instantly calculates normal values and compares test results with published predicted values according to height, sex and age. Automatic best test selection.
- US FDA and Health Canada registered
||VC, FEV0.75, FEV1, FEV3, FEV6,
FVC, PEF FEV0.75/VC, FEV0.75/FVC, FEV1/VC, FEV1/FVC,
FEV3/VC, FEV3/FVC, FEV0.75/FEV6, FEV1/FEV6, MEF75, MEF50, MEF25, MEF25-75, FEF50/VC, FEF50FVC, MVVind, FET, MET, IC, FIV1, FIVC, PIF, FIV1,/FIVC, FIF25,
FIF50, FIF75, FIF50/MEF50,VT, ERV, IRV [all expiratory measurements with baseline,
post bronchodilator 1 and 2, % predicted, % change and normal range]
|Tests per subject:
||VC-unlimited (best reported) FVC-unlimited
(best 3 from baseline, post 1 and post 2 tests)
||Knudson, Crapo or NHANES III
||Gold Standard Bi-Directional
||10ml volume 0.03l/s flow
||+/-3%.To ATS recommendations
Standardisation of spirometry 1994 update for flows and volumes
||1000 patients tests including
Flow/Volume loops and Volume/Time curves
||320 dot internal thermal printer,
or serial output for all IBM Proprinter compatible Canon bubble jet printers e.g. BJC250, BJC4400, BJC80 and BJC50, and all
PLC3 compatible Hewlett Packard printers e.g. Deskjet 420, 695, 340, 880C and
||High resolution graphic LCD 240
x 160 pixels
||100 240V 0.3A 47
63Hz. DC output 9V 0.8A
||Rechargeable NiCad 7.2V 600mA/hours
||6" x 10" x 1.5".Transducer
2"x 2"x 3.5"
||Unit weight 1 lb 10 oz. Packed
weight 5 lb 10 oz.
||32 to +104 F
||30% to 90% RH
||0 to +158 F
||10% to 90% RH
Please provide serial number if ordering replacement turbine or battery.
Last Updated: 3 Feb 2021