The Bodystat 1500 Touch is a single (1) frequency unit that measures body composition and hydration. This hand-held device gives accurate statistics for body fat, lean muscle mass, dry lean and hydration measurements.
The Bodystat®1500 measures/calculates
How It Works:
- Body Fat % and Fat Weight
- Body Fat Percentage and Fat Weight
- Lean Mass Percentage and Lean Weight
- Water Percentage and Total Body Water
- Plus, Normal Levels for each of the above including ideal body weight based on the subject's actual body composition analysis
- Dry Lean Weight
- Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)*
- Average Daily Calorie Requirement (Kcal/day)*
- Body Mass Index (BMI) - Plus Normal Range
- Waist/Hip Ratio
- Impedance Values at 50 kHz
Four electrodes (cat #17085-3) are placed in specific location on the hand and foot. The patient is ideally lying down for a few minutes to stabilize fluids. The leads are attached to each electrode and patient data, gender, age, height and weight, are entered into the unit. The measurement takes 1-3 seconds and all results are immediately visible on the color touch screen ready to print to a Bluetooth printer or downloaded into the software for analysis.
The unit is non-invasive, safe to use and requires no specialist skills or training to use. It is lightweight, portable and accurate.
The Bodystat®1500 has four main cable leads of which each lead has a crocodile/alligator clip. These clips are attached to the exposed tabs on the electrodes. The subject's Gender, Age, Height, Weight and Activity Level (optional) are entered using the three keypads. It works by passing a safe battery generated signal through the body and measuring the impedance at a fixed frequency of 50 kHz. Once the test has been performed a complete body composition analysis is displayed on the LCD screen within three seconds comprising Body Fat, Lean Body Mass, Total Body Water and optimal ranges. Metabolic rates and BMI are also displayed on the LCD screen.
The Bodystat®1500 measures/calculates
- Body Fat % and Fat Weight*
- Lean Mass % and Body Lean Mass *
- Total Weight
- Body Water % and Body Water*
- Plus Normal Levels
- Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)*
- BMR/Body Weight
- Average Daily Calorie Requirement*
- Body Mass Index - Plus Normal Range
- Impedance Values at 50kHz
PC interface and software optional.
PC interface included with software.
- Safe and Non-invasive
- Easy to use
- Lightweight and portable
- No computer requirement
- Optional Windows software available
- Built-in automatic calibration
- Test results available within seconds
- Battery operated
- High contrast, 2 line LCD display
- Automatic 100 test counter
- Subject data recall
- Actual results & recommended ranges
- Low battery alarm system
- 18 month Parts and Labor Warranty on a return to factory basis
- Accepts metric or imperial units
- Quality approved: CE 0120 Medical Devices Directive and FDA
- Available in English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish
- Optional printer kit
Note: Unless you want a quick printout without a PC, we recommend purchase of one of the software packages and utilize the PC's software printout.
- Essential motivational tool especially for weight loss programs
- Accurate tracking of changes in Fat/Lean Mass, especially for patients with wasting diseases
- Far more informative than BMI
- Trend graphs (with additional software programs) available for quick evaluation for remedial action
- Cardiac Risk Analysis Program (included with additional Body Manager Software)
- Portability allows use in many different locations
The Bodystat®1500 System includes:
- Bio-Impedance Analysis Unit
- Comprehensive User's Guide
- Cable Leads
- 100 Disposable Electrodes
- Body Composition Report Pad
- Duracell Battery (1)
- Protective Navy Blue Vinyl Pouch
- Bluetooth PC Interface
- "Lite" 1-page summary PC printout
Click here to see it: Lite Report
Click the BACK button to return here
- 12 months Parts and Labor Warranty on a return to factory basis
The Bodystat®1500 (MDD) System includes:
Model 17084 has the special adolescent regression equations programmed into the hardware so that results are displayed immediately without the use of external software. It includes these additional features:
- Body Manager Software
- Algorithms for children testing
- Bluetooth PC Interface*
- Padded shoulder travel bag # 17085-BAG
* Check if your PC is Bluetooth capable, if not purchase # 17085-5.
Additional Promotional Material and Accessories
- Wellness Program
- Body Manager Program
- Poster - The Science of Body Composition (A2 size and laminated)
- Presentation Folders - For Bodystat® Software program Reports
- Customised Padded Shoulder Travel Bag - to house the unit and peripherals. See No. 17085-BAG.
Size: 13" wide x 12" high x 5.5" thick
Software is not required to operate the Bodystat, but the software generated reports do help clients understand the measurement and help them plan their weight management program.
Software runs only on Windows-xp.
The Wellness Program is a basic program that focuses on education and is ideal for first time assessments on subjects. It has been specifically designed to enable a user to promote the entire concept of wellness.
It provides specific information (up to 17 pages) on the body composition and health status of a subject. The body composition data is downloaded automatically from the Bodystat unit and other measurements (waist and hip, blood pressure, cholesterol, heart rate, aerobic capacity, flexibility, grip strength, lung function) can be keyed in. There is also space to allow the user to include their own comments.
The program's unique graphical presentations provide information on each of the specific measurements in an educational format. The importance of each measurement relating to the subject's health status is also explained - thus enhancing subject motivation
Body Manager Software
The Body Manager Program includes more powerful data management features and extended algorithms down to 6 years of age. It is ideal for Health Clubs when a client returns to be tested in order to track their changes in body composition over a period of time.
- Body Composition analysis in a 2-page summary report.
- Trend Report - enables a user to track all measurements and impedance values over a period of time.
- Weight & Activity Manager - allows a user to develop a series of exercises in order to calculate the amount of kilocalories these will burn. This adjustment may then be incorporated into a user's own diet program. The number of weeks taken to achieve goal weight is automatically determined.
- Cardiac Risk Analysis - assessment of health status relating to lifestyle based on the largest study (The Framingham Study) of its kind in the world conducted in Massachusetts, USA. Factors include exercise levels, smoking, blood pressure, family history, etc.
The software provides a perfect opportunity to expose the client to "What-if?" scenarios. For example "What if you reduce your smoking from 40 to 10 cigarettes a day?" The screen displays the effects of potential lifestyle changes like this, in a colourful informative way. This provides the subject with an immediate incentive to make the hypothetical improvements real, especially when they get the printed report.
Alternative Equations - these are available for competitive athletes, children 6 years and over and geriatrics and may be selected as required by the user to determine % fat and lean muscle levels. Alternative metabolic formulae are also included and the user has the option to select their own % fat ranges.
Click here to view the 4-frequency
"Having the bodyfat analyzer has helped my clients get a REAL baseline for their starting point. Many have no idea where they are starting from. They are working off a mental picture of themselves from 10 years ago. Some are not ready to face it and they do not have to see the numbers. It is essential because after 3 months of work they want to see results. Yes they may be feeling better, they may see that they are a bit stronger, but if weight loss is their main goal, this will give them empirical evidence of muscle gained and fat lost."
Leslie Shuffleton, CPT/Owner
"As a nutrition coach I could not effectively guide my clients towards their goals without body composition testing. We all know the scale does not always tell the whole story. Many times the scale is down but lean mass is down and fat mass is up. Other times the scale has not changed but lean mass is up and body fat is down. I would never have known this without a body composition testing. If I would have just relied on the scale my advice would have been wrong."
TK Smith - Trainer
We have been using the Bodystat 1500 for a few years now. It has helped us increase the level of service we give each client as well as raise the level of accountability of each client. Within minutes we are able to tell each client how our training is benefiting them. It provides us with an easy to explain and easy to use means of bodyfat analysis.
Casey Washack - Next Level Fitness
"Bodystat has been very advantageous as a marketing/promotional tool, providing a value-added service to sell on to new or existing customers. As a result, I am convinced Bodystat is invaluable as a product in any wellness, fitness or health environment"
Mr. I. Kerr, Group Leisure Manager, The Greenall Group Plc. UK
"People, generally, are obsessed with their ideal weight and for most people the standard height/weight charts cannot assess the ideal weight of an individual. This is where the Bodystat machine comes into it's own. Our Bodystat machine has given us an excellent source of secondary income and provided us with a tempting bonus for renewals."
Mr. T.J. Burbage, Director Heartbeat Health & Fitness Ltd. UK
"The Bodystat machine is the best clinical tool I have probably ever had. We've done over 1600 tests now and give a print-out to each patient which gives them a new perspective on weight/fat reduction."
Dr Timothy Orchard, Queensland, Australia
"We received our Bodystat1500 machine only a couple of weeks ago and have found it an excellent monitoring tool already. We are using it already on a daily basis and so need more disposable electrodes."
Anne-Marie Holdsworth, Consultant Dietitian, The North London Nuffield Hospital, Enfield, UK
Last Updated: 21 Aug 2023